In Ontario alone over 70,000 jobs lost just in November; but most of them from the Auto sector when factories are closed.
But in general in Canada things are much better than other countries ... banks are stable, highly regulated, and strong; and the government is trying to stimulate the economy.
In a survey made by CBCNews called Money Mood Meter:
How are you feeling about the latest economic circumstances?
Here are December results:
- I'm extremely worried, this is a complete disaster for my lifestyle and financial outlook. (2,806) 18%
- Things are pretty bad, I'm reining in my spending and hanging on to my cash. (3,270) 21%
- I'm somewhat worried, but not enough to drastically change my spending and investments. (3,746) 24%
- I'm pretty confident this is a small economic speed bump (and crisis can also mean opportunity!). (3,434) 22%
- Woo hoo! The worst is over and things will soon be back to normal. (2,409) 15%
Anyway here is a joke about how the Job Market would be in 2009 ... watch this video:
Don't take it seriously ... just kidding ;)