The opening requires WINDOWS in addition to the above skills. It is located in Montreal, QC.
Global Financial Institution located in Montreal, Canada has an immediate opening for a Senior Windows Developer.
The Office Server engineering team is responsible for the build of the Office Server platform and related products (e.g. Project server, Excel server) for firm wide application hosting and development, both internal and external. Besides providing platform expertise, we offer economies of scale and ease of management by creating management & SDLC tools, APIs and other services for easy deployment of critical applications.
A lot of our work involves enhancing the vendor offering, filling gaps and influencing the future roadmap of the product with the vendor. We seek a senior Windows developer with extensive experience in designing and implementing IIS/ASP.NET/SharePoint web infrastructure. Candidate must be very hands-on with deep understanding of the Windows infrastructure and framework (e.g. knowledge of IIS metabase, experience writing http handlers, understanding of custom providers etc.). Must demonstrate skills to design and code for performance and scale in near zero fault tolerant environment.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, engineering and rollout of the Office platform (or parts of it) by addressing key deficiencies, integration with other systems, solution development along with application design & consulting for our business. Job will involve working on cutting edge technologies and access to non-public/un-disclosed vendor & product breakthroughs.
A self starter with an ability to work in a globally dispersed team, understand a mixed & complicated infrastructure, excellent communication skills and a keen desire to learn are a prerequisite. May have the opportunity to lead a 3-5 person team if candidate demonstrates sustained leadership skills.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented (OO) concepts, programming and systems design
- Expertise in core Windows C#/C++ programming languages
- Understanding of Windows 2003 Enterprise Server
- Extensive experience in the Windows programming and development environment, including ASP.NET 3.0, MFC, WMI, ADSI, the Win32SDK, ATL, COM, Com+
- Strong experience with SQL programming and relational databases
- Excellent client communications skills
- Team player with strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution
- Proven troubleshooting skills in a support environment
- Experience of work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with multi-tier distributed applications design and development
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and other web protocols
- Experience with XML, XML, XSL, XPATH, SOAP
- DB experience with MS SQL
- Knowledge in Firewall and Load Balancing technologies
- Knowledge of Linux OS (Red Hat)
- Knowledge of XML, Perl, CGI & html scripting
- Project Management
- Financial Industry experience
- Capability to lead a team
Skill Proficiency: Senior
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please email me ASAP so i can forward to you the name/email of the recruiter.
Good luck :)